Sunday, January 6, 2013

Student Exchange, Perth-WA 2012

Here is the example of Past Story, past tense
(my experience) Hi, my name is Erly. Now, I would like to tell you little bit about my experience in Australia. On 20th of August 2012, two teachers and eight selected students from Harapan School including me went to Perth, WA for the Exchange Program between Bali and Australia, for a month. When we arrived in Perth International Airport, some teachers from John Septimus Roe Anglican Community School (JSRACS) already waited for us. Then we went to the School (JSRACS) firts for meet our host families. During our stay in Perth, one Bali student must stay with one host family that has been determined. And the teacers from Bali stayed in an Indonesian Teacher’s house. So, every students from Bali got one host family. But luckly, I got 2 host families. First two weeks with my 1st host family (Patrick Family), and the last two weeks with my 2nd host family (Ogden Family). We only get to see or meet each other while at school. During our stay in there, we always follow the school program. Little bit different with Harapan School, JSR’s school day is from Monday until Friday. Saturday and Sunday the school off. There, I go to school with my host family’s kid by school bus. It was so good. The school starts at 8.50 AM until 3.35 PM. The school, JSRACS is very big and awesome. When in the school, we helped in Indonesian Class from pre-primary until year 12. It was so fun and good time for me. But we also followed another class, like Cooking Class, Religion Class, Music Class, Science Class and also English Class. The students were so kind and very nice. Sometimes, we go out for school trip. We went to Perth City, Bell Tower, Museum of Western Australia, Swan River, Perth Zoo, had camp with year 7 and many more. Every weekend, my hosts families always go out for day trips, traveled with me. The others Bali Students also did the same things with their host.
Well, finally on 14th of September we were back to Bali. Glad to came home but actually missing everything there. I learned so much things in Perth. Had amazing time with the people there, got wonderful experience and new friends also bestfriends.

1 comment: